Lets talk in elaborately, while riding a bike & cruising through the wind, alone or with someone on the back, we tend to disregard that there are certain biking guidelines that we should follow for making it a safe journey.
All riders have different levels of driving skills. Inherent in the human species are differing capacities allowing some riders to achieve very high skill levels while others may possess skills suitable for normal riding activities, but not the obscure skills required for riding in heavy traffic or in off-road conditions. Knowing your level of skill is essential for safe riding.
Following are some must – know tips for your question “How to ride motorcycle safely?”
1) On the road, its your responsibility to ensure that you are seen at all stage. You should position yourself in a way that other vehicles will be able to see you properly. Riding with your headlight on at night at all times will improve your visibility to other drivers.
2) Riding with the mindset of “WHAT IF?” increases your safety margin by several notches. Just Suppose: You see a vehicle waiting at a street side. What if it pulls out in front of me? Or in a residential street, what if a child or a pet runs out in front of you?
3) Ensure that every intersection is clear (& will remain clear) before entering it, even when you have a green light.
4) Ensure that you leave enough space between your motorcycle & surrounding vehicles you need to have a way out.
5) Don’t ride next to parked vehicles unless it is absolutely necessary.
6) If a vehicle is trying to overtake you, move into the adjacent lane & allow the vehicle to pass. Self-safety should dictate this action as your exposure & vulnerability is great while riding a motorcycle.
7) Check your tires for proper air pressure, tread depth, cracks, bulges or embedded objects. Check wheels for dents, cracks and roundness. Check spokes for proper tightness or missing spokes. Check bearings and seals for signs of failure.
8) Always be conscious of your speed, ensure that cruising at high speed you have enough time to react, specially when it comes to wet, icy or foggy condition. Remember its better to reach an hour late to your destination instead of ending up in a hospital!!!!!!!!!!
9) Overtaking is something which gives you satisfaction, especially in case you’re stuck in heavy traffic. However, you should make sure that you’re always looking above your shoulder for seeing what individuals are doing behind you. Avoid overtaking near junctions or on bends and obey road markings.
10) NEVER allow a passenger to sit anywhere except on the area of the seat designated for a passenger.
11) Dangerous distractions while driving like cell phones, ipods, mp3 players or sighting some hot babe is a strict NO NO!!!
Knowing your riding capabilities & riding in a defensive manner will always make sure that you are safe & sound, irrespective that you are commuting to your office or riding for pleasure during off-duty hours.
So hope this article has answered your questions like "How to Ride Motorcycle Safely, How to Drive Motorbike Safely, Motorbike Safety Tips, Bike Safety Tips, Tips for Riding a Bike”
Always Drive Safely!!!